Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stop writing www and .com

I’ve been using this shortcut for a while, and recently I became aware that almost no one is using it.

If you’re entering an address in your browser and it starts with www and ends with .com, you can avoid writing it completely. For instance, if you want to navigate to youtube, just write youtube in your browser and then hit CTRL+ENTER. Your browser will auto-complete the address (http://www.youtube.com).

I’ve tried it with Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, Chrome and Safari. It works in every browser.

2 comments:

insane said...

and since what... IE 5 ?

I also tought everyone used this... :)

tiago said...

I don't know since when but for quite a while, that's for sure.

Not even our geekest friend from devcatharsis knew about this :-D